Why Are Website Audits Important?
Website Audit: Why Do I Need It?
If you need SEO help, then a website audit is the right place to start. An audit provides a comprehensive overview of your current SEO status and reveals any problems your site may have and how you can best solve those issues.
At Clark Optimization, we use SEO website strategy audits to help you boost your visibility online, stay on top of your competitors, and enhance user experience, so you get the rankings and traffic you deserve. Our team is dedicated to helping you grow your business’s online presence, and a website audit is essential to the health and success of your company.
What Does a Website Audit Do?
A website audit evaluates your website’s performance, its strengths and weaknesses, and areas that need improvement. We base our findings and recommendations on clear performance metrics, looking at issues like broken links, 404 errors (missing pages), duplicate pages, outdated content, poor loading speeds, and other factors that can cause traffic, leads, and sales to dwindle or become stagnant.
We also use website audits to examine how well your site functions and what the end-user experience is like. Audits help us evaluate parameters like ease of navigation, image optimization, and page indexation. Along with an in-depth analysis, we also show you where and how to make improvements so you can increase site traffic and boost user engagement.
What Makes a Website Audit Important?
A website audit goes beyond simply adjusting your site so it looks nicer or is easier to find on Google. In fact, Google’s algorithm is ever-evolving, giving preference to sites with quality content that’s relevant to user search queries. SEO is an ongoing process, and regular website audits keep you up-to-date with the newest trends, best practices, and changes in Google’s search algorithms.
Auditing your website to analyze performance and make critical updates can also improve the efficiency and visibility of your site. It can even reveal new revenue opportunities and uncover the most profitable areas of your online business, making it easier to optimize your website for leads and conversions.
Types of Audits
Our SEO website strategy audits assess technical components as well as on- and off-page SEO. Technical elements include everything that allows search engines to crawl your site efficiently. On-page SEO involves the site’s structure and content, while off-page SEO delves into factors like backlinks, social media engagement, and local search.
Even with thoroughly researched and well-written content, issues like broken links, missed keyword opportunities, or poor crawlability can cause your site to underperform. Rather than a full website audit, some individuals and companies need help on the technical side, while others may need every service. Here are the five different types of website audits you might need:
- Technical Audit – A technical website audit evaluates internal links, URL structure, redirects, canonicals, robots crawl directives, XML sitemaps, schema markup, and other code-related components that can affect ranking factors in Google.
- SEO Audit – With an SEO audit, you can see how well your site performs in search rankings and check aspects like keywords, metadata, linking, and user interaction.
- Content Audit – Content audits assess your site’s written copy to see what drives the most traffic and conversions, identify and remove duplicate or underperforming content, and tap into more opportunities to create keyword-rich content on terms your customers are searching for.
- Design Audit – Websites should be visually appealing to ensure a good user experience. Design audits involve reviewing and identifying structure, color palettes, and font issues as well as design-related loading times and ADA compliance.
- Competitive Audit – By looking at your competition, you can gain a sneak peek into their SEO strategies, allowing you to create your own plan and stay in line with competitor sites.
Benefits of an Audit
A website audit gives you insight into the inner workings of your site’s performance by identifying issues and solutions. With these valuable insights, you can improve your rankings on search engines like Google and create a more user-friendly experience for your customers. Some of the biggest benefits of a website audit include:
- Enhanced User Experience – People like phone-friendly websites that load quickly and are easy to navigate. Website audits evaluate performance and responsiveness to boost user experience.
- Increased Site Traffic – A good website audit identifies performance issues so you can follow SEO best practices to improve your rankings and generate more organic traffic.
- Better Conversion Rates – A better user experience leads to increased conversion rates, whether that’s a higher visitor-to-sales ratio, button clicks, or app installs.
- Improved Content Quality – Great content encourages customer engagement. Audits highlight how you can improve the quality and scope of your content so customers interact more.
- Beat the Competition – Website audits give you an idea of what your competitors are doing in your industry and especially what they’re doing right (something to replicate), enabling you to compete with them and possibly go beyond.
- Stay Updated with Google – Periodic website audits keep you updated with the latest changes in Google’s search algorithms, making you more visible on search engine results pages (SERPs).
Why You Need a Website Audit
Your website is essential for leads and sales, and like all critical business tools, it needs regular maintenance and updates. Clark Optimization’s website audits can help you reach more customers and boost your search rankings with SEO best practices and content strategies. We’ll provide a step-by-step plan for website optimization and help you improve your company’s online visibility and performance.
Contact Us for SEO Services
If you’d like more information about how a website audit works with Clark Optimization, contact us via email below or schedule a call. Our SEO experts can help guide you through the process of improving your website’s health and overall success. Discover how to improve your search rankings and grow your online presence with a custom website audit.
steve @ clarkoptimization.com