WordPress Site Migration with SEO
A recipe blogger with a large, established WordPress site had a complicated migration request. She needed to spin off half of the content from the the existing site to a new domain (new domain name and WP installation) while maintaining the SEO value of the existing content. Many of the pages had links from external sites that needed to be preserved for SEO.
As an added wrinkle, she was not happy with her current hosting provider. She needed recommendations for a WordPress-friendly hosting company and help migrating the new domain to hosting platform of choice.
Here is what we did:
- Identified a user-friendly WP hosting plan for the new site (Siteground’s Go Big plan)
- Set up a WordPress installation on a new domain
- Migrated content and images to new domain
- Installed plugins and set up migration-necessary plugins for 301 redirects, hosting transfer, and Google Analytics on old and new sites
- Provided some basic SEO keyword optimizations for the new site
- Managed DNS updates and resolutions
- Troubleshot Lite Speed caching plugin and 301 redirects
- Flawless migration to a new domain without any bugs or errors
- Established a second website that instantly indexed in Google with substantial organic traffic
“I hired Clark Optimization to provide content migration services for a rebranded website, aiming to avoid disruptions to organic search traffic and to improve SEO practices on the new domain. With Steve’s expertise, attention to detail, and prompt feedback to all questions, I felt confident in the project’s management and gained freedom to allot more attention to other details surrounding the site’s rebranding. 10/10, would work with Clark Optimization again.”