Website Strategy Audit for Moving Company
Bellhop (getbellhops.com) is a national moving company.
A newly hired marketing team was brought in to increase the flow of leads from their website. The team inherited a large website that contained local service pages, blogs, and informational content about moving.
Previous content marketing efforts generated a lot of traffic from long-form content that did not convert very well.
How should they focus their efforts to attract searchers from Google that would become actual customers?
Clark Optimization tackled the problem with a full Website Strategy Audit with a special focus toward rankings for local lead-generating keywords. The goal was to determine how to drive more traffic toward their local service landing pages.
The audit produced a clear action plan that outlined the following:
- Identification of the top lead-generating pages on the site and why the traffic to these pages was more qualified
- Identification of pages that could be removed due to zero or no qualified traffic
- Identification of pages with keyword overlap (multiple pages targeting the same terms)
- 301 redirection strategy for merging similar pages
- New keyword strategy for underperforming pages
- Review of backlink profile and how it was impacting current rankings
- Suggestions for future link-building efforts
- Full review of technical website errors
- Canonicalization issues
- Missing metadata
- Google Search Console errors
- Identification of quick fixes for Core Web Vitals problems
“Steve’s audit was very useful. It helped us get the next phase of our SEO strategy jumpstarted. And it was delivered quickly.”
– Bill Chase, Bellhop